Interactive, downloadable registration forms - is PDF the way to go?

rowanberry

I am designing a website for a dance studio, and they want registration forms online. I have created interactive, down-loadable PDF forms that open fine, can be typed on by the users, but have problems when they want to submit. Clients get the error message "Operation Not Permitted." Adobe help tells me each customer would have go to support to trouble shoot on their individual computers to solve this problem.

My question to you advanced developers - do you use Adobe Acrobat 9 to create forms, is there a better solution? Should I just scrap this interactive idea and make them print out and submit by mail?

I do not want to use a forms script - the dance studio would have to re-type all info into the proper format. They want to receive the form I put online, in that same format, with the fields filled in. I am attaching an example.i-new-student.pdf

Thanks for any help or advice on this...

Linda

Probably because the pdf form is being filled out via their on the pc that may have incorrect settings to submit the pdf form via the web.

Based on the info about the client not wanting to retype the info, why not have the pdf form be downloaded, filled out and then uploaded? You would then only need to add a bit of script to tell it to email the pdf form once upload.

Othewise, if you use php or asp to create the forms, it's possible to have the form sent as a xls or xml format and then the client can import them. The key here is to design the form string values to match whatever clients data strings are.

Google search php 'form results to xls' (or xml) and you will find some good info.