Html and css or php

perryc

Hey do you guys think i should read my html and css book first and hold off on reading my php book. This summer and im not sure if its a good idea to read my php book before my html and css book. I know a lot about html and css mostly but i cant code it by hand. Im taking a xhtml and css class this fall for my web publishing degree. So not sure which order i should go any comments would be appreciated. Thanks for your help im stuck at this point the big thing im concerned about is i cant hand code html but i do know all the basic tags just not sure. Thanks for your input. Thanks,

Cody Perry

Thanks, I know most of the tags but can't code straight off the top of my head in html or php plus i just use dreamweaver cs4 to create my css rules. Thats what makes me think im not understanding the launages completely

Thanks,

Cody Perry

The best way to learn is to do - make yourself a simple website and take if from there. There are loads of tutorials right here on killersites, and if you get stuck, just post your question here.

Definitely html and css, you will still be using those when you have learned php. A whole website is not coded in php alone.

Another good way to learn is to download free templates and take them apart to see what tags do when you change the css.