Vertical white line on Bridge Gallery in Dreamweaver?

Downtowntb

I am trying to put a bridge gallery onto my dreamweaver page for my website but a vertical white line is showing up on the right side of the gallery. I am using an iframe to insert the bridge gallery onto my page. The white line only seems to appear when using internet explorer. Firefox it is A ok. How can I fix this or insert my gallery in a different way to avoid this?

I don't see a white line in IE8 - but I don't see your black on black text on the left, either..... Any way you can load it up somewhere, so we can see it with the missing images and all?

Actually ..... since you're not just building this site for yourself and your computer, but for customers, any they will be viewing in all kinds of resolutions and with all kinds of browsers, a site must be designed to work in all major, current browsers. I happen to have IE8 installed, which is much more standard compliant than previous IE versions, but IE7 should also still be considered, and even, within reason, IE6 (meaning, things don't have to be perfect, but should be functional at a minimum).

It's always best to be able to upload anything you work on, things might just be very different online than just your computer. You can always create a test folder and exclude it from the robots or even pass-word protect it, if you want to make absolutely sure nobody sees your page who shouldn't.

As I said - it's much easier to help you when we can see the entire site - html, css, AND any images. So if you can upload somewhere, that would be best.

Since I cannot see the white line - which IE version are you viewing with? - It's hard for me to guess. Fix the following issues and see what happens:

Your text is black on black. Pretty darn hard to read.

This is wrong:

<div id="menu">
	<ul>
		<li id="button1"><a href="#" title="">Home</a>
	 <ul>
			<ul>
	 	<li><a href="#" title="">Trailers</a></li>
 	</ul>
 	</ul>
		</li>
		<li id="button3"><a href="#" title="">Other Inventory</a></li>
		<li id="button4"><a href="#" title="">About Us</a> </li>
		<li id="button5"><a href="#" title="">Contact Info</a> </li>
	</ul>
</div>

It should look like this:

<div id="menu">
	<ul>
		<li id="button1"><a href="#" title="">Home</a></li>
 	<li><a href="#" title="">Trailers</a></li>
 	<li id="button3"><a href="#" title="">Other Inventory</a></li>
		<li id="button4"><a href="#" title="">About Us</a> </li>
		<li id="button5"><a href="#" title="">Contact Info</a> </li>
	</ul>
</div>

Then you have quite a mess of divisions - do they really all have a purpose? It's hard guessing what you're after, but I imagine at least the empty divisions can probably go.

Clean all that up, add the * {margin: 0; padding: 0;} to your CSS, and show us what things look like then. Again - the best way to help is to see the entire thing live. Uploading the html and css is better than nothing, but does not give us the whole picture, as the images are missing.

I don't particular like iframes but in order to get rid of that 17px white space is to define the wrapping div a fixed width. Look in the gallery flash file webgalleries/renegade_trailers/index.html. It will be the first div.

Ideally you should use php or asp includes. I assume that you're on a Linux server and so php is what you will use.

You basically take the header, left nav and footer to be set as php includes

You index.html page will basically look like this:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Renegade Trailer Solutions</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="" />
<meta name="description" content="" />

<?php include("header.php"); ?>
<?php include("left-nav.php"); ?>

<h1>Page Title</h1>
<p>add your main content here</p>

<?php include("footer.php"); ?>

In order for php to work you will need to rename your index.html to index.php.

You may prefer to have the url to show .html. You can do this with a simple redirect using a wildcard method *.php to *.html.

Stef has some good tutorials on php.