Creating a full flash site

Guest fay

Hi,

I'm interested in building a site using flash cs3.

I wanted to know what is the best way to load the pages in the site.

is it better to have separate pages for each category

or having one fla. file and have the pages on different frames (linking to each other).

I just want to to do it the best way in order to have the site load as fast as possible.

thanks,

I only built one Flash site as part of a course I was taking. We used Shane Rebenschied's book for Flash 8 isbn# 0-321-29387-8.

We used one master fla and swf as a container into which all the other swf files loaded. The ActionScript code that was used commonly throughout the site was also in the master swf, thus making a smaller file size as it is not repeated in the other swf's. Also makes maintenance easier and the possibility to add more pages easily.

Guest sarah_9

Hello,

Load is as one complete flash film, instead of frames, and give your site a best flash design look. separate frames are not good for seo purpose, though flash is not recommended for good optimization, but you can make your site search friendly with some tips.

Regards,

sarah_9

Edited by sarah_9

• 1 month later...

Why do you want to create a flash website? Using flash is cool but very often it distracts from the real purpose of the website. You don't want long load times, complicated navigation and anything that takes your visitors eyes off of your main purpose for the website.

Aside from that it is double the work as you need to still have a HTML version so that those with disabilities can choose the HTML version to control colors and text size as well as Blind users. Then those with no Flash support or choosing simply not to use the Flash version. I will never choose a Flash site over an HTML site. The only place I usually simply do not leave is Movie web sites. Is it worth maintaining to sites? Can't you just use Flash elements in a HTML based site so the user can better use it and Search engines find it?

I would make it up as a series of separate movies, that is how I learned to do it back in 2000.