iPad Mania is here! Anyone get an iPad yet?

administrator

Hi,

Apple sold 2 million iPads in 60 days! I'm already getting people complaining that our Flash delivered sample videos are not playing for them!

Man, I hate tech wars!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has picked up and iPad? If so, what are your impressions of the device?

Stefan

I love my droid phone. I've had touch screen phones before that I needed to calibrate every so often because it became unresponsive to my touch. When I got my droid, I was concerned that there wasn't a calibrate function on it. Now I see why. It has never failed me and it's always responsive to my touch. I can even type pretty fast and accurately on the keyboard without it being in landscape mode.

But I digress. :) The phone is fast and now it's becoming one of the major players, so more and more apps are available. I love the iheartradio app and have it installed now.

Love it!

I hear that the new droid coming out is supposed to be 450% faster ... the article positioned it as being a marvel in software engineering.

??

Regardless, I think iPhone/iPad and Droid are here to stay. For me though, I tend to lean towards the open platform - Droid.

S

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Guest undertake

I do 90% of my web browseing ipad caseson my phone. And the Nexus One (google phone) is real nice too. From what I've read,ipad2 speaker dock better than the iPhone in quite a few ways but the reviews still pick ipad 2 caseiPhone as leader. That's good though. Will push iPhone 4g even higher.

I hear that the new droid coming out is supposed to be 450% faster ... the article positioned it as being a marvel in software engineering.

The State of Alaska is using iPads now for those employees who travel a lot. Folks like the social workers and retirement counselors who travel all over the state by air, from Alaska Airlines to Bush pilots prefer them over Lap Tops as they are not so cumbersome.

I like the new Pad from Blackberry I believe? The commercials use the old "Flash" song from Queen and state how they support Flash unlike other Pads they could mention... :clap:

I really don't expect to but any of them, but am looking into a Nook Color from Barnes & Nobel, for reading and emailing etc. & it surfs as well as games and apps, my daughter will take it to Germany with her to keep her busy. I'll miss my paper books but I can carry more and much easier.

I have both the iPad 2 and the Blackberry Playbook ... I rate tablets on the following criteria:

1. Quality of the OS
  2. Quality of the hardware
  3. The tablet's ecosystem ... apps!

The Playbook has superior hardware and the OS is better. iPad's OS is clunky by comparison. Blackberry has a smaller screen (7inch vs. iPad's 9 inch) making the Playbook easier to hold and handle but less attractive when viewing big pages. That said, I use the Playbook all the time to browse the web. Oh yea, Playbook runs Flash with NO problems. Finally, the Playbook's OS is much more stable (I've crashed the iPad 2 three times within 4 days) and the navigation is superior.

iPad on the other hand, has a big advantage with the Apps. There are so many cool apps for the iPad, that no one else can compete in that regard.

Should you get iPad 2 or the Playbook? It is really use-case specific; if you plan on casually browsing the web and watching videos etc ... then the Playbook. If on the other hand, you are interested in games and maybe apps related to education etc ... then iPad.

Oh yea, Playbook has MUCH better sound.

I got the Playbook for fun and the iPad for some video work.

Stefan