Positioning Issue

Andrea

harriso nscont racting.com

I tried to add a simple div under the side nav (currently hidden) - but for some reason I cannot figure out, that pushes down the h3s beginning with 'roofing'. Makes absolutely no sense to me, as both things are in separate divisions.

What-the-heck is that????

That's the thing - is IS inside the nav division - first I had it in its own div tags (still inside div nav), then tried the p tags - technically, it shouldn't make any diff one or the other, they are both block levels. And at one point I floated it, and still - it's pushing the h3s down.

I used Eric's position absolute - the clear is needed to get the h3s below the slideshow. and then I just added a display: none to the short pages.

But in generally - is my thinking here correct, that it's just as well to use a <p id="rebate"> instead of a div with our without a p? It's just this one sentence.

Oops - forgot to say "Thanks, guys"

Your welcome. Alternatively you could just clear that slideshow in another way (overflow hidden or something). But the AP should work fine with no top/left values. It's already inside a div so another seems redundant. I would just use a p regardless of where it was located though. Any extra would offer no benefit.