ROR. XML

grucker

I am using ror.xml to feed a php page. It gives an error because of the colons in the script. If I remove the colons it works. I have been deleting these three lines from every entry. It was ok doing it once and adding or deleting a page as and when. Now the site is to undergo massive changes. Is there a way around this?

<ror:updatePeriod />

<ror:sortOrder>0</ror:sortOrder>

<ror:resourceOf>sitemap</ror:resourceOf>

I'll try to help, but unfortunately I'm not all that familiar with using a ror.xml file. As far as I know, it's basically a RSS file but with more fields.

A couple points of clarification:

-- In regards to the "it gives an error because of colons in the script" - could you use str_replace() to delete/escape the colons from the script?

-- do the three lines have anything to do with the colon error? If not, why are you removing them?

Ah, got it. I thought you were meaning colons in the content within the tags, not in the xml tags themselves. You can ignore my advice about deleting/escaping the colons -- that won't work if they are in the tag.

I'm not sure how much more I can help on this... This might help:

http://articles.sitepoint.com/article/xml-namespaces-explained <-- make sure to look at this

http://www.codingforums.com/archive/index.php/t-87966.html