Hosting queries

Baggy

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask these questions - forgive me if it isn't.

1. Is it important (or relevant) to have a UK based website hosted in the UK?

2. Can anyone recommend a good Hosting company please?

We currently have a site constructed and managed in WordPress, which has been moved to be hosted by 123Reg and the WordPress Dashboard often stalls or crashes. The person who did the bulk of the design for us says it's a bandwidth issue but 123Reg don't seem to care! Time to move on?

I have a web hosting service that has servers in both the U.S. and the U.K. If interested, check the link in my sig.

Otherwise, to me I think it doesn't matter too much anymore but I prefer that the host have a server in my geographical region. A few here have used Hostgator.

To my mind there would be a few issues with having a host outside your country of residence:

1) The transfer of money across international currencies.

2) Telephone support in case of problems.

Usually you get what you pay for. Greater bandwidth = more money. Free = pop-up ads on your site etc. Go with recommendations from friends and acquaintances as much as possible.

I am afraid I do not know any in the UK I could recommend.

Good luck!