Website Review

Ionisis

Hey guys, i just had this insurance client for SEO who wanted to keep the same design, so i pretty much upgraded the design to clean it up, and its markup (xhtml/css), and did the SEO. What do you guys think of it, content-wise? Does it feel informative, if you were looking for insurance?

Unfortunately i don't have a lot of room to play here, because he wanted most of it unchanged, but i'm still interested in hearing opinions.

http ://pomperinsurance .com/?a=Insurance_Products_Display [remove spaces]

Thanks!

Why is it some people can have links and others can't? Is it because i'm new, and you think i could be a spammer?

You have to have a certain number of posts, before your links become active - especially the ones in your footer - and YES, it's to prevent spamming. You have no idea of how many people come by and post relatively irrelevant stuff with the mere goal of dropping links. And we do NOT like spammers on Killersites. So if you stick with us and provide meaningful content, your links will become active.

Why is it some people can have links and others can't? Is it because i'm new, and you think i could be a spammer?

It's nothing against you -- in general, I usually add spaces to URLS when they are personal/professional sites (the member's own site, or a site they created for someone else) that the poster is asking for others to review. Especially when it's the member's first couple posts and they aren't posting anywhere else on the forum besides the reviews area. Links to resource sites (someone has a question and another member responds with a useful link to a resource that may help) I usually leave alone, unless all the member does is post this "helpful" URL around the forum. Long term members that everyone knows and who have been a productive part of the forum I usually leave alone.

If you want to post a site URL for review, feel free, just don't link to it in a spammy way (as in, linking to keywords "Chicago Insurance Website" for example, rather than simply linking the site URL.)

No, it's cool, i totally understand. It's just that with most other web design forums, they let you have links in your post, but not your signature, until you reach X posts; so i figured here it was a bit different. The good news is i'm always the first one to report spam in forums (if i pass by it) :D. The people who do that make it harder for those of us who are honest to get a link out there with our content.

Also, i'm a big fan of helping 3 people before you ask for help yourself. That's why i made 3 posts before my own. I always to to help the oldest unanswered or lowest replied-to posts on the front page of the reviews category. It's only fair to give help before asking for it, imo.

I used to try to dedicate a few hours per week to helping out in the programming and coding sections of various forums (mostly Linux forums, but some design forums as well), but any more i am so busy that i just don't have enough free time; so you usually DO only see me in the reviews area (looks bad, i know :D).

Thanx!