HTML 5 adoption ... when do web designers jump in?

administrator

Hi,

I wrote a quick post last week about HTML5 and when web designers should use it. In short, I said that it was not something to learn unless you were developing sites specifically for the iPad, Iphone and other HTML5 enabled browsers/devices.

Well, I am not the only one who thinks so:

Forrester Research is recommending developers continue developing rich Internet applications and take long pause before embracing HTML 5. For Forrester, HTML 5 is still many years away from becoming a standard in the market and fully functional across multiple platforms.

Forrester Research is:

Forrester Research is a technology and market research company that provides pragmatic advice to global leaders in business and technology. With hundreds of analysts and coverage areas, we are the only company that creates forward-thinking research specifically for your role in the organization.

Stefan

Although I will not argue with the comments, you got to wonder just how they can determine how the market will progress in the next few years? The biggest problem is old technologies that seems to take forever to go away even when they are obsolete. Heck, I heard someone was stil using IE5.5. It never occurred to me as to why he is using it still.

Although I will not argue with the comments, you got to wonder just how they can determine how the market will progress in the next few years? The biggest problem is old technologies that seems to take forever to go away even when they are obsolete. Heck, I heard someone was stil using IE5.5. It never occurred to me as to why he is using it still.

I think you just answered your own question: you can look to past patterns as a guide.

... Human behavior on a macro level is fairly predictable.

Stefan