Make your own cms....?

dianikol85

hi to all! I was thinking this. Joomla or drupal and the other cms is a complete site and admin tools,right? and then you can change css and stuff as you wish. Ok with that, cool!

But all sites arent joomla or drupal or wordpress or... For example i just complete a site,handmade, so far so good. So i want to dynamically fill my site with photos and text. and i have my database with my own tables.

So in order to do this dynamically i need cms, but since the site is handmade i have to built my own cms. Is that right?

Depends... Personally, before I start a project I figure out whether I am going to use a CMS, and if so, what CMS I will use. This means I only have to build out the site once, rather than building out all the static HTML and then adapting that to fit the CMS.

Exactly what you do here depends on the functionality you are looking for, mainly. You could create your own CMS... but that does involve a lot of time/effort and you'll probably end up with a final product that lacks a lot of features that common CMS's may already have. The upside though is you'll have something that's totally customized to your needs.

You could choose to adapt your site to a CMS, Wordpress or whatever. Or you could pick something like CushyCMS, Unify (http://unify.unitinteractive.com/) or Perch (http://grabaperch.com/) that provides basic editing functionality without having to do a huge amount to your existing site to adapt it.