CSS3 - Accordian

newseed

@Stefan:

CSS3 is not something I was suggesting to use today or in the very near future but merely to point out the new features that someday will be the norm for web developers when all broswers support it.

IE6 is 9 years old and still has about 10%-12% of the market. My guess that IE6, in about 2-3 years, will fade out enough to the point that it will no longer be supported by web developers, etc.

Let's say 10 years is a browsers life expectancy in determining about when CSS3 will be the norm. With IE7 (release in 2006) and now IE8 (released last year) still lacks support, it could be at least 10 years before CSS3 is used on a daily basis. Even Firefox does not fully support some of the CSS3. Anybody planning on being around in 2020?

Hmm...the day when we can all say that CSS2.1 is the thing of the past.

(dreaming that day)...Firefox 7....Safari 8, Google Chrome 9 and finally everbody's favorite browser...IE 37-->(and still trying to get it right).

@Wickham:

I was just pointing out the cool new CSS3 capabilities in which it does not use any kind of scripting at all. But thanks for the links.

Edited by newseed