Browser displays working document different than file on server...

noilding

This is my hello to you all! Hi. My name is Matt. I'm self-taught and have lots to learn. Anyways, here is my question:

When I load the website that I'm working on from my hard drive in IE 8, it displays as expected. When I upload it to the server and then access the web page, it gets all messed up in IE 8. Firefox works fine.

http://web2.canr.msu.edu/LeadNet/ArchEventPhotos/few06/few06april.html

http://web2.canr.msu.edu/LeadNet/archive/archive.css

Any ideas? It kinda blows my mind. I don't know what other info you might need...

Thanks!

-Matt

Are you sure when you access the web page online, you aren't viewing it in IE7 compatibility mode? For me IE8 looks fine, but IE7 (IE8 running in IE7 compatibility mode) has some significant issues.

Hrm... that could be the problem. Where do I switch the mode? And yes... significant issues.

At least in my install of IE8, I have a "compatibility mode" button that appears to the left of the refresh/stop buttons in the IE toolbar. If you don't have that button (you may not -- I think it's something you have to enable in your preferences) then double check that "compatibility view" isn't checked in the dropdown menu (Page -> Compatibility View).