Div Trouble in HTML Newsletter

kitster79

Can anyone help me identify my problem with my simple html email newsletter...

As you can see from the file which I have uploaded to the URL below, there are a couple of issues. Firstly, there is a gap in between the white content area and also, the paragraph text over flows outside the width of the div tag! I have looked all over the code for the problem but just cannot find it and I'm starting to pull my hair out:)...

Any help would be much appreciated....

http://vojodesign.com/proofs/SMS

Firstly, there is a gap in between the white content area

Could you be a bit cleaer on this? Is it: too much spacing between paragraphs? too much left/right spacing?

and also, the paragraph text over flows outside the width of the div tag!

Well you have a long set of characters that doesn't have any spaces:

...sadvsadvasdvasdvasdvasdvasdvasdvasdvasdvasdv...

Words will not break and so just add your normal content/text and it will stay within the white area.

The gap between the #content and the #contentBottom can be solved by adding "overflow:auto" (or overflow:hidden) to the #content and #contentInner.

Looks like you also need to add "overflow:auto" to the #contentBottom and #contentBottomInner for the whole background image to show up. Yes, you will currently get scroll bars if you do that (or text will potentially be hidden if you use overflow:auto) but that won't be an issue if you substitute your text without spaces for more realistic text.