Adobe CS5

falkencreative

Adobe CS5 was officially released today, though I'm not sure when it will actually be available for purchase... http://www.adobe.com/

Anyone thinking about upgrading? Any features you're excited to see?

...as for me, I think I'll hold off. I usually go by the new-ever-two idea, upgrading every two releases or so. I have CS4, so I can't see any significant reason to upgrade just yet. I am glad to see that -- at least for academic licenses -- the pricing has dropped. The Design Premium package (Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, Acrobat) is $450, and when I bought CS3 a couple years ago, it was at least $600. The full versions of things are still terribly expensive though. <_< Full version of Design Premium is 1,899 (that's basically the cost of a nice computer!), upgrade is $600.

• 4 weeks later...

I am still in the early stages of learning CS4 - though I have the Creative Suite Web Premium. Once I have a strong grasp of CS4 - I will definitely upgrade. However when this happens CS6 will be coming out :D

Regarding CS5 - the new features I find to be great are the new Content Aware Scale and Flash Catalyst...