I have no idea what's wrong with this site..

Andrea

http://tinyurl.com/ylkv2hr

1) On my computer, the text under the pictures is almost all hidden. I can see a few words, then they seem to slide/hide under the nearby pictures. Is there something I need to change on my computer settings to read all the text?

(2) In the boxes on the left of the Home page, the full text for Projects, Testimonials, and Contact Us are not visible; only the first few letters. (Maybe it's related to #1 above.)

I have no idea what browser this person is using. It's pretty basic, simple, and validating code - I'm stumped.

I checked in all my browsers (including IE 6) and I don't see any issues. I just wonder 2 things:

1. Does he need to clear his cache and hard refresh?

2. Maybe he has his browser zoomed in a bunch? When I did that, the navigation did become somewhat hidden.

:huh:

The text runs under the images on the right in Firefox and Opera if Javascript is disabled; It's fine when javascript is enabled.

When javascript is disabled all the images show one below the other and cover the text, so you may need to redesign the page or find a way to fix the width of the main text areas so that when javascript is disabled the text areas aren't covered.

Edited by Wickham

Yikes - not sure if I like the thought of having all this empty space just for the few without JavaScript. On the other hand, leaving it like it is is no good either. Are there any good alternatives? Maybe this is the moment I need to do Stef's Flash Tutorials so I can build a Flash Slideshow.

No, that's a regular website. I started this one about 6 months ago, before I learned Wordpress. I don't really want to spend the time at this point, to start over with a wordpress theme. Would JQuerry offer something that might work for this?

Sounds like a good plan - how do I do that - got a link?

You can say with css width 400px (whatever) and then you can say with css fed via JS width 100%. That way only those with js disabled get the smaller width

Yikes - not sure if I like the thought of having all this empty space just for the few without Javascript. On the other hand, leaving it like it is is no good either. Are there any good alternatives?

What about just setting the image container with position:relative and the images position:absolute so they stack on top of each other? That way even if Javascript disabled CSS will stack the images. Unless you need to show all the images...

This is clearly NOT my morning. Tried Eric's method 3 first, but that's not working for me. So I tried BeeDev's suggestion. I'm perfectly ok with just one image showing when Javascript is off -and it works great when it's off. But when it's on, I saw NO IMAGE AT ALL. What exactly am I missing????

Never mind - apparently, having BOTH methods in my code caused an issue. I've deleted the script for method3, now BeeDev's suggestion is working. I'll have to see why Eric's didn't work --- I'll call it 'index2.php'.

Edited by Andrea
Follow Up