Student - Looking for direction!

Guest DJBarchit

Guest DJBarchit

Im a college student who is doing a project. Project is pretty simple, and really what im looking for I know can be done easily. Its a matter of where to look and how to get started. Being an architecture student and working on site analysis project, I decided to put together a single webpage format that really just links words to pictures. I figured html would be the best way to go.

I've started work on this project, searching for website builders/programs that will allow me to easily put together a single page. From what I've gathered to this point, I know there is an easier way which leads me to ask for: any recommendation on the best direction to take with this? Any good webpage building programs? Would this be easier to put together solely with code? I plan to build on this in the future, adding flash among other things.

Idealy what im wanting is a bulletin format (lets say on the left side of a page) linking to pictures (on the right). Pictures which come into vision when the linked word is clicked. I want the pictures to layer on each other (depending what 'words' have been activated.) Should be over 50 pictures in a layering format.

(Picture of intended layout: (((For whatever reason this forum wont let me show entire link - I can email or message it to you if desired)))

As the title is "site analysis" the sub topic being the next to larger words including:

Environment

Structures

Paths

Visual Data exc.

and then further subcategories of each, example of Environment being:

Shadow Analysis

Wind Patterns

Soil

These 'further detail' areas when activiated will show pictures to the right.

The original layout presentation was done in a program known as AutoCAD and presented with the layering system. By creating this 'Page" it creates a user-interactive layering system, to better understand this project in relation to site analysis.

Please help! Im willing to do all the work, research, and learning of programs.. just a matter of looking to experienced site builders for guidance and direction!

Thanks!

Hi,

The solution is simple, learn basic HTML and CSS. My beginners course on web design will do the trick.

These days, IMHO, if you want to publish on the Web in a serious way (and even if you use Wordpress or some other content management system) you should still learn the basics of web design so you know your way around ... even just a little.

Stefan