Wordpress Plug-ins?

ferni5

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie, I'm learning Wordpress at the moment and have learned how to create custom templates. I was wondering how designers design wordpress for clients. IS there a list of must have plug-ins that you install to add functionality or ease of designing in your wordpress projects?

I'm not in my home office right now, so I don't have my bookmarks, but you can probably search for these and find them. Here are a few that I always like to use:

My Page Order

Exclude Pages

(both of the above might become unnecessary when WP 3.0 comes out because it will have an awesome menu management feature built right in)

NextGen Gallery - this one is good if you need to include a rotating slideshow or photo galleries

Contact 7 - contact forms that are pretty easy to work with

When I get back home, I'll add to the list. :)

I'm awaiting your updates, Susie. Are you aware of a Wordpress audio player that works on all browsers? I need to play just one brief mp3 soundclip on a wordpress site, and none of the plug ins I've tried so far worked in all browsers, and this client actually tests things in different browsers himself.

Are you aware of a Wordpress audio player that works on all browsers?

I sure don't. I've not had a client make this request. Sorry about that.

One other plugin suggestion is WordPress Database Backup. It's free to use. Now, however, I'm using BackupBuddy by iThemes. It's not free, but it's really awesome.