FTP Profile set-up to access GoDaddy.com

Al

I'm trying to set-up the FTP profile to access files for a new client that's currently using GoDaddy.com as their web host. I spent hours last night trying several combinations, and never was successful. I Googled my problem and found that others have experienced similar difficulties using Dreamweaver to connect to GoDaddy. I'm needing some clarification - what exactly is an "FTP Host" in the eyes of Dreamweaver? Is it my client's web address or the address of the server? With another client of mine, the FTP Host field works with "ftp.intercession.net", which is the server and not their address. Also, there was discussion regarding the proper way to enter the "HTTP address" in the local info part of the Dreamweaver set-up. Please help me. My eyes are blurry and I'd like to get to work on their site rather than spend time fighting FTP connections.

Thanks - Al

I use Dreamweaver and GoDaddy and don't have any problems connecting once you get used to the interface.

Access: Choose FTP

FTP host: is the domain name - just enter "sitename.com" no ftp or http

Host directory: if there is one e.g. httpdocs/ otherwise leave blank

Login and Password are evident.

Leave all the other boxes blank

You might like to check Synchronisation and if there are several people accessing the server and changing files, check Checking in/out files.

If you still have problems, PM me and I will see if I can help out.

I connect to Godaddy for one client using a numerical IP address, another I connect to just with "domain.com" - domain of course being the actual domain name, not the word 'domain'.

I've tried it both ways and I keep getting that error box with five or six reasons why it might not work. I must be missing something.