What Are You Listening To Right Now?

JBall

It is a mood thing really.

If I am concentrating, Arvel Bird (Contemporary Native American Fiddle and wood Flute), Morgan Fawcett (Alaskan/Tlingit Wood Flute), Vanessa Mai (Electric Violin).

Otherwise Within Temptation, Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, HIM, Night Wish. Basic Goth.

If I am getting upset, Linkin Park, Manowar

Nothing but the low hum of my old computer. Complete silence - aaahhhh...

Silence. Love it. Don't get enough of it.

Right now, I'm listening to Tom & Jerry (kids are watching it). But when I'm in the 'zone', I like to listen to a little bit of everything. Lately, it's been 80's hair bands. :lol:

I like listening to Massive Attack, Coldplay, Dido and Enigma and anything that sounds similar. But not being a big fan of the music that's currently in fashion at the moment, I like to scour the web for things that catch my ear. A few of my favourites:

Alex Papadiamantis, ComradeF, Ammonite, Ambeam, Dreaming Blue, Endless Blue

I keep the playlists on a music blog sidebar as there often new good music websites ( though with quite different lifetime value) to choose from. The most stable are last.fm ( which I like for decent radio- "type a tag in and listen" formula) and radioblogclub.

Surprised me too, how many have replied with a heavier taste in music. That's awesome. I like all kinds of music! From metal to Bluegrass, just depends on my mood. :D

currently enjoying:

Oysterhead - Birthday Boys

I suggest we close this thread... aside from Jball upping his posting number with each song (at this rate, he will only take 2 years to catch up to my real number I did in 7 or so...) but I fear someone will post Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers! :D

:o OMG!!!!! I just did! Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

But i should add, yea I like to listen to the good music from the 80's like Duran Duran, Cars, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Triumph, Molly Hatchet, Benetar, Pretenders, Joan Jett, Bonny tyler, Meat Loaf (Now and then) and most any group managed by Jim Steinman. Also some Vietnam War CD's I have with 60's-70's Hits. Monkees...

Also sound tracks like Man of La Mancha, Dance of the Vampires (Steinman), heartbeat by Don Johson and 80's German (Language) music like Die Aertzte (East Berlin), Die Princen, Falco... a few songs from Nina Hagen and Ramstein, Nina...

Also forgot Apcalyptica (Goth/hard Rock headbangers on Chello).

Then there is Comedy: Bill Cosby, Engvil, Foxworthy... and some Germans like Mittlemeyer, Mario Bard (West Berlin)...

I also think that this thread is rather for twitter, blog or some music profiles sites. Of course in open forum we can clash on music tastes but not by posting 1 song per post :D Forums database will collapse.

Dr. John, Jack Johnson, Diana Krall and am totally into the soundtrack from 'Across the Universe'. Always loved the Beatles and this soundtrack is remixed and has brought this awesome music to a younger generation that in turn, is loving it too. I turn it way up and sing (horribly) at the top of my lungs:o

Oh yeah, another good one for the seventh inning stretch Simon and Garfunkel 'Kodachrome'

Yeah get up and dance (also horribly)....hahaha

Sorry... :(

I just thought it might be a nice distraction. But, I see all work and no play around here. ;)

Oh no - we play. But all in moderation. And I agree with LSW, and I think I'll close this now.

I listen to a bit of everything. I have 36 hours of music that includes everything including Squeeze by Tempted straight through to bag rock by the Red Hot Chili Pipers (no type there though I love the RHCPeppers too!). I have Storm Large intermingled with Diana Crawl.

I honestly just like music. No music... no work... or slower work.

P.S. Kinda like not having to worry if a thread is "closed". I posted this tongue in cheek about the all work and no play part... I do agree though that this thread could be a monster laden with singular posts. It is a fun type of thread too... Going to have to ponder how to have the best of both without the negative as it can be a very fun community thread.

We should probably go ahead and open this again - doesn't make any sense to me to have a 'closed' topic that keeps getting posted to - I checked and signed out - the post-closed-posts are readable by non-mods as well.