TALK ABOUT THE new Forum!

administrator

And now I'm replying to myself - for one, I cannot see my cursor, so I'm kind of typing blind

And I hit enter a couple times, clicked on a word in the line above, (cannot really see where I put the cursor) - and when I delete, it deletes the last letters that I typed, not those in the area where I clicked. so yes, I'm experienceing some editing issues on inital replies.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrea,

One thing to try... Can you try switching forum skins (perhaps choose the "IP.Board" skin, rather than KillerSites) and see if that changes anything? To switch, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "IP.Board" from the dropdown. I just want to check if this is something specific to the KS skin, or is an issue with the forum software itself. I haven't been able to reproduce this issue unfortunately.

Right now, the only other skin option is Killersites Mobile, so I'm using that - and I can edit my initial reply - was able to delete parts of your quote, and could go to the beginning of my sentence and make changes there.

Andrea,

One thing to try... Can you try switching choose the "IP.Board" skin, rather than KillerSites) and see if that changes anything? To switch, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "IP.Board" from the dropdown. I just want to check if this is something specific to the KS skin, or is an issue with the forum software itself. I haven't been able to reproducenfortunately.

And now, I am trying again with the regular Killersites skin - and I cannot see my curser, delete parts of the quote, or go back and correct what I just wrote - but if I switch to the mobile skin, even while I'm in the middle of my reply, everthing works as it should. So it's clearly something connected to the Killersites skin. I'm surprised with so many Firefox users, Kyle and I seem to be the only ones with this problem. I'm on Vista - should that matter.

Andrea,

One thing to try... Can you try switching forum skins (perhaps choose the "IP.Board" skin, rather than KillerSites) and see if that changes anything? To switch, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "IP.Board" from the dropdown. I just want to check if this is something specific to the KS skin, or is an issue with the forum software itself. I haven't been able to reproduce this issue unfortunately.

Unrelated question to the above, but how do I add Friends, I can't seem to find a way? B)

Don't worry I found out, I have to add from the other person's profile not from my own...Duh, me being thick again!!!

Edited by virtual

I'm surprised with so many Firefox users, Kyle and I seem to be the only ones with this problem. I'm on Vista - should that matter.

:(

... It could matter - Vista is the worst OS to come out in years. This is a hard one to debug because as you said, other FireFox users are not experiencing the same problems - myself including. Could it be a security setting that is doing it?

Have you tried on another browser, say IE8 or Safari for PC? Not that I am suggesting that you switch.

-

The other good news is that we should have the new skin in place this evening (latest tomorrow) and hopefully that will work for you guys.

Stefan

I'll try the other browsers this evening. Meanwhile, for a quick fix, you can always send me a new computer with Windows 7 - and I've always wanted 2 monitors. Do you need my mailing address?

(cannot fix my 'always' typo)

I am wondering if it has to do with how we reply, I usually use the fast reply. This one is from the reply button under the post quoted. My Laptop at home is fragged, so I only visit here at work using XP. If I get a chance later I will try posting something using Chrome. As it is I could not see the cursor and it only let me post stuff infron of the quoted text, not after. Even dropping the quote a few lines did not work as the cursor sticks right in front so I am pushing the quote in front of me as I type.

Andrea, I am getting into leather work doing native dance gear for my daughter, shall I make a buckskin one in your size? Of course Domina should be in black... ar maroon like the Sith in Legend of the Seeker, they make leather look good.

Bad news - have not been able to find a leather halter top in my size.

Right now, the only other skin option is Killersites Mobile, so I'm using that - and I can edit my initial reply - was able to delete parts of your quote, and could go to the beginning of my sentence and make changes there.

Well, that's something. I really have no idea where to start looking to fix that issue -- my guess is that it might be something Javascript related? -- but at least the core code that creates the forum is fine.

I'm on my work computer now- windows XP, Firefox 3.6.2 and I have the same issues as I do at home (don't see my curser and cannot delete or change anything aside from moving backwards from the last typed letter. professional... see, I wanted to add that word behind XP, I clicked there, but when I started typing, it puts the text to the end of what I'd already typed. And I've been replying by clicking reply, not via the Quick Reply box - I only now noticed it.

I am on Chrome and seems to work fine. Tried again in FX 3.6.2 and no cursor, and clicking the page put all my text first thing, no way to get in the middle.

Like mentioned above by someone, all I see for skins are Killersites and Killersites Mobile in FX and Chrome.

ah finally I can post again! I like the move towards a more community based solution. The forum well I won't say anything until I get used to the new layout, however seeing a new skin is about to launch I will wait with my comments until I see the improvements.

ah finally I can post again! I like the move towards a more community based solution. The forum well I won't say anything until I get used to the new layout, however seeing a new skin is about to launch I will wait with my comments until I see the improvements.

Don't be afraid to comment on this skin as it is not going anywhere ... we will have multiple options that you can select.

Stefan

I just realized something I miss. Or maybe I'm just used to it from other forums I participate in and it was never here at KS. Anyway, is there a way you can add an icon to the space where our names show beside our posts that indicates whether or not we're online?

I just realized something I miss. Or maybe I'm just used to it from other forums I participate in and it was never here at KS. Anyway, is there a way you can add an icon to the space where our names show beside our posts that indicates whether or not we're online?

Good point. I've added "Currently: online/offline" text in the left column post author area (below the avatar).

Whoa! There is so much going on here, though it's not always easy to find things. For one thing it's not obvious that there is a university here. One almost has to stumble upon it (as I did) in order to discover it.

Yeah, about that university... I am thinking of getting back into web page building, and Stef's university is really something I'd like to get into, mostly for the php stuff, which I had to drop a whiles back when updating from Tiger to Leopard on my Mac. Things went astray, and I was never able to run and test things, so I kind of gave up on it, including the web page building. :rolleyes:

Even though I had discovered that little MAMP utility thingy, by then it was too late and I had completely lost the plot, and started to wander off again. :o

Stef, you've done a really good job on the Killersites forum. Not sure I'll be able to contribute anything of worth around here, but I am up re-learning all this stuff again with a renewed confidence. B)

For one thing it's not obvious that there is a university here. One almost has to stumble upon it (as I did) in order to discover it.

Wow! This truly amazes me given the big text links and banner on the home page ... :huh:

... I guess we have some work to do regarding that.

Stefan

Have I said something stupid? Well, lets put it this way; I very rarely ever go to the home page. I've always seen this website as a forum, and because of this I still see no glaring link to your university on this side of the fence. :rolleyes:

I had wondered why it wasn't included in the KillerSites Network drop down menu bar. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Will there be a way for me in the near future to add a blog? I noticed that this function does not appear to be enabled when I had tried on the once or thrice occasion to enable it. I'm not exactly planing on saying great things, but I am looking to mention the odd thing or two that may be of help to others.

Btw, how is one able to increase another member's reputation rating in the My Friends page, say? I know I haven't actually added many friends to that list, but I do consider most of you as my friends. :)

Regarding the blog: I'm not exactly sure how you are currently trying to enable it, but you should be able to create a blog by going to the blog tab in the main navigation (http://www.killersites.com/community/index.php?/blogs/) and clicking the "create blog" button in the top right.

Increasing reputation -- I believe -- is done by upvoting a member's posts (clicking the green plus icon in the lower right corner of someone's posts. If you visit a user's profile page you can "rate" them (which is separate from the reputation) -- by clicking one of the star icons in the top right corner just below the "report member" button.

Regarding the blog: I'm not exactly sure how you are currently trying to enable it, but you should be able to create a blog by going to the blog tab in the main navigation (http://www.killersites.com/community/index.php?/blogs/) and clicking the "create blog" button in the top right.

It's funny you should say that because all I keep on getting on this lovely but not so manageable forum is error messages, or codes. I can't even edit me own freeping profile! I kept thinking that this is something else yet to be implemented. Looks like I might be having browser problems, so after I post this I'm off to get Safari going. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that other bit of info concerning reputation ratings. B)

Will there be a way for me in the near future to add a blog? I noticed that this function does not appear to be enabled when I had tried on the once or thrice occasion to enable it. I'm not exactly planing on saying great things, but I am looking to mention the odd thing or two that may be of help to others.

Btw, how is one able to increase another member's reputation rating in the My Friends page, say? I know I haven't actually added many friends to that list, but I do consider most of you as my friends. :)

Hi,

If you are looking to blog in the community, let me know and I will look into it for you.

Stefan