Non-scrolling header question

Cad

Hello, everyone. This is my first post, so apologies if it is in the wrong place.

I administer the site for a local bridge club at w ww.carlton bridge centre.org.uk. If you view this site, you will notice that it currently uses frames: this is merely to keep the header and menu static (i.e., non-scrolling).

The reason I use frames is that many of the pages (all the Results pages for events) are generated by our scoring program; otherwise, I would use an INCLUDE for the header and menu, and CSS to keep it still! The Results pages are auto-uploaded by our decidedly non-technical members using an app. called CarbonFTP—to keep everything as simple as possible for them.

Given those constraints, I have two questions:

1) Should I 'go against the flow' and just keep using frames for that site?

2) Is there some way that I could keep the header (and the menu, which incidentally was created using SoThink DHTML Menu if that helps you) non-scrolling WITHOUT using frames, yet still be able to have our auto-generated Results pages easily uploadable by our users?

Apologies if I haven't described those questions very well, or if they are FAQs. I've had a good look through many HTML 'how-to' sites, but I can't find any answer which would work for pages which are auto-generated by a third-party app. :(

Please do ask if there's any information I haven't given above which you would need in order to be able to help.

Any and all thoughts or ideas welcome. Sincere thanks in advance!

position fixed will do this.

Eric, thank you for your reply, which I assume means using 'position' in CSS?

Sorry if I didn't explain this well enough above, but making any amendments to the pages currently displayed as the 'bottom frame' is not an option—the majority of those pages are auto-generated by an app. whose output I cannot change.

Therefore, it's not possible to add any CSS to them, nor to add an INCLUDE to display our 'standard' heading, unless I do that manually (and there are about 600 of those pages currently in the site, growing by about six per week!).

THAT is my problem, and is why I'm wondering whether I should just continue using frames as I do at present? Or is there some 'clever' way to force a non-scrolling heading/menu to appear above a page whose content I cannot change (or at least, it would be a lot of work to change it)?

PS: I don't get paid for maintaining that site, so manually changing 600+ pages, and another six or so per week on a continuing basis, goes beyond my 'goodwill!'