organization of fonts

wolfkin

forgive me if Photoshop does this better than GIMP but I'm running into an issue as I become proficient at image manipulation. I have a growing library of fonts on top of what I already had installed in my system. Now 90% of my system fonts are more or less uesless, symbol fonts, foreign language fonts or ugly/plain fonts. Basically I have this huge list of fonts to scroll thru every time I need to do something. Is there anyway to organize them, or am I stuck having to basically memorize all the fonts I use.

P.S. if anyone knows how to change the default font on GIMP I'd be interested in that information too. I use webletterer all the time and Sans pretty much never.

forgive me if Photoshop does this better than GIMP but I'm running into an issue as I become proficient at image manipulation. I have a growing library of fonts on top of what I already had installed in my system. Now 90% of my system fonts are more or less uesless, symbol fonts, foreign language fonts or ugly/plain fonts. Basically I have this huge list of fonts to scroll thru every time I need to do something. Is there anyway to organize them, or am I stuck having to basically memorize all the fonts I use.

P.S. if anyone knows how to change the default font on GIMP I'd be interested in that information too. I use webletterer all the time and Sans pretty much never.

You will need a font organizer to do that, that way you can activate/deactivate groups you don't want to see being loaded spamming your font window. The better ones cost a little. But check out google you might find some good open source free option.