Is it posible to use the .mht files to build your website?

mrathell

Hello: I'm extremely new to this and don't understand the verbage yet. I had someone begin a site for me, he flaked out, so I'm trying to do it myself. I'm up for the challenge :D

The site he began for me has been taken down and I don't have the original source codes (even though I paid for them).

I was able to go into my internet history and get the source codes from those but they are .mht files.

Is there a way i can use these to upload (FTP) to my site?

Thank you in advance.

I haven't personally dealt with this, but you might want to do a search or two on "convert .mht to html". Here are two possible resources (though again, I haven't used these personally).

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31490538/convert-mht-into-html--n.aspx

http://www.sharewareconnection.com/total-html-converter.htm

I'm not sure if this will allow you to recover your entire site or not, but it is a place to start. If it was a site was based in PHP or another dynamic programming language though, I don't think you'll be able to use this and get it to work.

Ah, ok. You'll need to figure out what the folder structure is in order for the various files to show up correctly. Most people put the images files in an "images" folder, the css file in a "css" folder, etc... though this depends on the person who coded the site. What's the URL to your site? Perhaps I can help figure it out for you.

should the html files go in an html folder or just upload but not specified to a folder?

No, you can upload them normally. They don't belong in an "html" folder.

The only other files are files are .png but I'm assuming they should go in the 'image' folder.

Yes, I imagine that's where they would go too.

Glad you got things working. :)