Populating MySQL from Excel

edoplaza

Hello everybody,

I use MySQL and PHP. This is the situation:

I have a client with a list of almost 300 email adresses and wants to put that information in a web page I'm creating for her. So, I need to populate a database with the following fields: first name, last name and email adress. What would be the best option for this? I guess an Excel file would be a good choice, but how do I proceed? Does someone have an idea?

Cheers

Eduardo

You can use excel for this but save as a either a comma separated or tab separated text file (.txt).

If the list she has is already tab separated then you might be able to import using that. might try using a space separated list too because I think you can specify the delimiter using phpmyadmin to import it.

I have a client with a list of almost 300 email adresses and wants to put that information in a web page

Email addresses in a web page?? BE CAREFUL - spambots will take them unless you mung (Mash Until No Good) them with javascript or some other way.