Build your own website using web templates

Guest rosalieint

Guest rosalieint

Web templates are pre-designed WebPages and its defined HTML layout complete with images and navigation test. All you need to do is add your own personal content and you're ready to start your own website.

Some things are reinventing the wheel.

There's no reason to remake something existing: wordpress, jquery, etc.

(unless you're more a pro than i'll ever be)

It is kind of like the artist Matthew Barney's idea, that one

is kind of doomed working on a building with a cracked foundation.

A template's start or process can be corrupted.

Wysiwyg software pkgs add nonsense code.

A clean site comes from the ground up.

Nothing wrong with using templates - but it's important to understand how things work. Plus, there are plenty improperly coded templates out there - it's good to have enough understanding of HTML and CSS to recognize those - and to make any necessary fixes.

If you're talking about me its not spam.
No, not you - this kind of thing, someone new showing up and asking such a 'door-opener' question, and someone else new following right behind with at least one link to this REALLY great site where you can find exactly what poster 1 is looking for - often for a discount - is a commonly used spammer technique - they think they are soooo smart.

I also always get pretty suspicious when newbies pop in and reply stuff like "great post" or "thanks for sharing" to half a dozen posts. What's the point of that? Imagine everybody would leave comments like that to every thread they read - this forum would be a huge mess of totally useless "good post" posts. That's my rant for the day. :(