Mysql_fetch_array problem

ll87

I have the following query code. I insert a record and then do a select to retrieve it. The select is working as I can see it in my DB. Mysql_num_rows gives me a result of 1 which is correct.

When i try to retrieve the data using mysql_fetch_array within a for loop, it says the values of id and title are empty which doesn't make sense. I thought it was to do with my query but seeing as the result of num_rows is correct it can't be. I'm stumped :s.

$insert = mysql_query('INSERT INTO blog (title,entry) VALUES ("'.$blog_title.'","'.$blog_entry.'")') or die("Error:".mysql_error());
               $new_result = mysql_query('SELECT id,title,entry FROM blog WHERE title="'.$blog_title.'" AND entry="'.$blog_entry.'"') or die("Error1:".mysql_error());
               echo $new_rows = mysql_num_rows($new_result) or die(mysql_error());

for($i=0;$i<=$new_rows;$i++){
                       $row = mysql_fetch_array($new_result) or die(mysql_error());
                       $id = $row['id'];
                       $title = $row['title'];
                       $title = str_replace(" ","_",$title);
                       header('Location: blog.php?title='.$title.'&id='.$id);
                   }

This is just a guess but:

for($i=0;$i<=$new_rows;$i++){

shouldn't it be

for($i=0;$i<$new_rows;$i++){

(notice that it's only less than and NOT less than or equals

Because arrays based at 0 and mysql_num_rows will return a number based at 1 it's trying to loop an extra 1 time and mysql_fetch_array will return false on the 2nd go.

yea i initially had < but that wasnt working so i changed it. strangely enough i altered it a lot to play around, and then got rid of it all, and now its working with what i posted about. hours wasted for nothing. it's really strange.

my friend told me about mysql_insert_id() and its definitely the better way to go :)