Suggestions and Questions

JBall

There are several threads going now with different questions and suggestions. I thought maybe one central thread may be easier to find.

That being said...

Would it be possible to lose the redirect screen after posting? It would be so much nicer if the page just reloaded without the delay.

Thanks,

JBall

Hey Stefan,

I found a couple of links on the main site (killersites[dot]com) that sill point to the old forums.

Popular pages

* Ask questions and meet people in the forums

and

Community

* Web Design Forums

This whole section:

Some of the forums:

* Beginners to Web Design

* CSS

* PHP

* HTML and Javascript

* Flash

* and many more

Check out the web designers forum ?

And now that I dig a little deeper... Just about every page has a reference or an in-text link to the old forum.

I never realized how much I depended upon the recent and top thread view of the old forum until just now.

We do have 'New Posts' and 'Active Topics' as the top of the page that should satisfy that ... no?

Please remind me in the new year to look into putting the top 5 'active topics':

http://www.killersites.com/forums/search/recent/

... on the home page.

Stefan

Would it be possible to lose the redirect screen after posting? It would be so much nicer if the page just reloaded without the delay.

Hmmm, I looked at that, but the people who wrote this forum seem to recommend against it.

That said, the old forum made us wait 3 seconds, so this is much faster.

Stefan

Hmmm, I looked at that, but the people who wrote this forum seem to recommend against it.

That said, the old forum made us wait 3 seconds, so this is much faster.

Stefan

Yeah it is faster, i guess. But, my browser doesn't redirect. So it's another mouse click. Not too labor intensive, just inconvenient. :)

What browser are you using, and why?

... Given that there are plenty of browsers that redirect.

Stefan

Perhaps I worded that wrong.

I use FX3, 'cause it's kewl. :D (I'm a PC guy so, I haven't had your woes with FX and Mac. Although we use them at school with no problems)

I have an add-on that prevents redirects. Handy little widget in my opinion. Not so handy for this situation. But, its a small price to pay to keep from being assaulted with ring tone giveaways and flash game viruses.

I never realized how much I depended upon the recent and top thread view of the old forum until just now.

We do have 'New Posts' and 'Active Topics' as the top of the page that should satisfy that ... no?

Please remind me in the new year to look into putting the top 5 'active topics':

http://www.killersites.com/forums/search/recent/

... on the home page.

Stefan

I didn't see those - thanks!!!

So, um...

Whats the magic number to hit to become an "Advanced Member"? I just noticed my status has changed from "noobie" to "Member". I assume thats a post count thing.

Oh, and could we get a "hmm" smilie?

smileythinkingiw3.gif

Edited by JBall