Opinions for my 1st Project

NuCoder

I am struggling with 2 bugs on the contact form but am trying to fix them now (3 pixel text jog and expanded box). It only seems to affect the main nav and image on my fiance's 17" laptop (IE 7 /8). Yes I need to work on aesthetics (I will be studying Graphic design for the next several months), but my goal is complete for a clean, accessible and user friendly site. I also tried to achieve my goal of following the 'F' rule for leading the users eye.

*Andrea - they wanted to leave the info email. I advised of the potential spam and advised them that as their designer I have to vote against it. They stated that they already receive enough spam and per their request - I left the email link (was this a bad idea or should I have really stomped my foot on the ground and advised they not do this?)

The site is live and I would like to get the forum's opinions - so feel free to visitwww.ancloteharbors.com and let me know what you think...

Brian

If you don't want to use a javascript method then you might want to try this:

Email Shield

Bascially, it converts the email to ascii characters. I have this on about 5 sites and none of my clients are complaining about spam. As a matter of fact, I had this on my own static site for two years before the redesign and not one spam.

Looks good! Wouldn't change a thing. In IE6/7 the nav is messed though. Try moving the nav before the logo in the html and floating to the right as you have it. See if that fixes it and we'll go from there....

Thanks Eric - that must be the issue. I am looking for a way to be able to download IE6 / 7 to test these browsers also - however I am unable to do so bc I have IE8 installed. I believe Chris Pederick has something on this that I will look into. Let me try your tip and see what happens - as always very much appreciated!

Brian

thanks for the link Eric - I have it installed. Unfortunately the nav is still a mess after moving the UL to above the logo html. I tried the Holly Hack and IECC as I have 3 pixel text jogs and expanded box problem for the contact page. No other bugs are occurring on any other pages - so I wonder if the Contact link being moved up on all pages is due to the bugs. Have any good tips for these bugs by chance?

Unfortunately the nav is still a mess after moving the UL to above the logo html.

No, I just tested it, and that fixes it in IE6/7. And the hung up last link (the contact link) actually needs the html to look like this to fix it.

HOME
ABOUT
MAINTENANCE
CONTACT

Unfortunately the nav is still a mess after moving the UL to above the logo html.

No' date=' I just tested it, and that fixes it in IE6/7. And the hung up last link (the contact link) actually needs the html to look like this to fix it.

HOME
ABOUT
MAINTENANCE
CONTACT

[/quote']

I know - I errored as I was checking it before it was uploaded - thanks again Eric for the help and resource for IE TEster

Edited by NuCoder

If you have IE8 installed you have the capability to view in IE7. Just go to Tools - Developper Tools and change Browser Mode to IE7. You can even view in Quirks Mode. It's like Firebug you can mess around with the code.

Thanks Virtual - never knew that (can you tell I still have a lot to learn? :D ) It's information like this and fast replies that make KS the best resource for webbies