Page layout

GaryB

Put your content inside a wrapper div, apply a width to it, and set the right and left margin for that wrapper div to auto.

Thanks for the reply. That got me part way to where I want to be. I notice however, that the right margin 'grows' beyond the intended border. It does not wrap as I imagined it would. Should I instead set my margins to fixed setting to create the layout I am looking for?

Setting margin at fixed width won't work, as you don't know what resolution your page will be viewed with.

Can we see your code - a link to the page would be best. What I said works, so you may have an error or some other issue going.

These are the exact CSS settings the forum uses.

max-width:1100px;
min-width:700px;
overflow:auto;
width:90%;

That code centers the content area in the browser window, but allows the content width to change. The widest the content area can go is 1100px, and if you resize the browser smaller than that, it will change to a minimum width of 700px. This allows for different screen resolutions.

These are the exact CSS settings the forum uses.

max-width:1100px;
min-width:700px;
overflow:auto;
width:90%;

That code centers the content area in the browser window, but allows the content width to change. The widest the content area can go is 1100px, and if you resize the browser smaller than that, it will change to a minimum width of 700px. This allows for different screen resolutions.

This is what centers it:

margin:0 auto;