one image on top of another

dina

I have been trying for a few days now to put a rollover in my header on top of my image, which covers the whole header. Could someone just have a look and see why wouldn't even any image show on top of my image in the header.

I'm not sure exactly what you are attempting to do... What you say you want to do and what your code does are very different things. I am not seeing any code to add any type of rollover to your layout.

Rollovers are usually done either with javascript, by switching one image with another, or by using a background image and moving the background position (CSS sprites). Rollovers are not usually done with z-index.

Errors:

You do have an error in your css: an unnecessary "|" here: "l#logo1 {"

Also, you are missing a width in this line "width: " (in #Menu), which may cause CSS errors.

firstly JBall I'm not loaded onto the server yet, I have some firewall issues.

Ben your right, I don't have the code in here for the rollover, cause I took it out. But also no other image want's to appear there. I used Eric's method of rollover, given in the old forum, when I attempt to add a rollover in my page, but remove it again. I must say I don't understand how to add that code to my php page though!

thanks Eric I'm guna try it out immediately.

The second thing is about what Ben was mentioning about the php:

I know it isn't a php page yet, but if its going to become one later by adding php code, shall I save it now already as PHP or not?

thanks Eric I'm guna try it out immediately.

The second thing is about what Ben was mentioning about the php:

I know it isn't a php page yet, but if its going to become one later by adding php code, shall I save it now already as PHP or not?

Yes, save it as php. That way, later, you won't have to change it, and therefore in the process, changing googles, and everybody else's bookmarked links.