2 Validation Errors

NuCoder

Hi guys,

With proof reading, changing of pictures and validating - the Anclote Harbors Re Design (my 1st project) is about complete (need to fix errors). However I am coming across only 2 errors on my pages (Quite a change from the original company who left 85 errors - I guess web standards did not apply to them). However - below is my Head Section (doctype= html strict) and below that are the 2 errors (re: xmlns and target="_blank"). I have re searched and unless I overlooked it - I can not clear these 2 errors. As always - your input is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Brian

Anclote Harbors Marina

$(function(){

$('.fadeIn img:gt(0)').hide();

setInterval(function(){

$('.fadeIn :first-child').fadeOut(2000)

.next('img').fadeIn()

.end().appendTo('.fadeIn');},

7000);

});

1. Error Line 2, Column 13: Attribute "XMLNS" is not a valid attribute. Did you mean "onmouseup" or "onmouseover"?

I thought onmouseup was or onmouseover was a command with the mouse - and did not know it had anything to do with xmlns?

2. Error Line 47, Column 75: Attribute "TARGET" is not a valid attribute. Did you mean "target"?

?ttp://www.srh.noaa.gov/tbw/" target="_blank">Marine Weather..................

?

1. If you aren't using XML, you don't need the "xmlns" attribute. So you can just use .

2. I usually ignore this particular error... You can bypass it by doing this instead:

Perfect - thanks Ben. I will post the completed site for peer review today or tomorrow