Height form paypal

Kieran

After some years form the creation of my internet site I have decided to correct a little paging problem that i left unresolved for a lot of time (one time it wasn't so important...).

The site is created in xhtml e css and the problem is to equalize the length of the page (pratically the height) for all the browser, to better manage the space for the advertising banner.

I have tried to divide the page in variuos div setting the various heights with height and min-height but I can't make it uniform for a problem of the paypal cart code, I think.

I have tried to insert the central column in a table setting the height of the td but the problem stay.

For better understaning the problem I inserted an adsense banner on the right: if you open the page with firefox and then with explorer you will see that the end of this banner finish next to a different text line in the central column, and this make me difficult to manage the space in the bottom.

If you can help me to get, pace after pace, an optimal solution fully compatible with all the browser, that doesn't use hack and is validated in Wc3, I would be very grateful to you.

This is the address of a sample page:

w ww.id ee-reg alo.biz/re galo-ani mali.html [Remove Spaces]

Thank you all.

No SPAM Zone

When you mention IE, what version - 6 or 7? It looks ok in 7 and based on the code below it is probably 6 with the problem because you will have a double margin bug. I left the two items that matter:

#menu {idee-regalo.css (line 554)

float:left;

margin-left:25px;

}

Anytime an element is floated left and has left margin, IE6 will double that margin. Same with float right and right margin.

Solution:

#menu {idee-regalo.css (line 554)

display:inline;

}

do the same with ths:

#varie {idee-regalo.css (line 616)

display:inline;

margin-top:-1px;

text-align:center;

width:150px;

}

Edited by shelfimage

I'm not sure if there is a solution to this... especially since not all users may see the exact font size that you set, making the middle column longer or shorter. If they choose to change the text size to make it easier for them to see (heck, I'm only 22, and I had difficulty looking at the 11px text) that column will adjust to fit, growing or shrinking. I don't think it is possible to specify where that second column ends in relation to the first column.

As a side note, your site isn't WCAG compliant, despite the image on your site saying so, since users can't resize the text on IE (because the text is in px, rather than in ems). Might want to look at that.