IE7 CSS problem

crawlor

Paddy's Specials

Daily Happy Hour

From 3pm to 8pm every day, you can enjoy a 30% discount off all drinks.

Daily Food Specials

Paddy's Full Irish Breakfast at 68RMB

Lunch - 2 Course set menu for only 60RMB

Asian Corner - A new arrival on the menu. A selection of popular Asian dishes including, Singapore Noodles, Vegetarian Stir Fry and Wonton Soup

Keep an eye on the website for regular updates to the menu

Welcome to Paddy O'Shea's Irish Pub

In the heart of the Northern Capital, Paddy's caters to all things Irish. With the best-poured Guinness in town, and an afternoon long happy hour, you can easily get trapped into what may be the first genuine Irish pub to hit Beijing. Free quiz nights every Wednesday night from 8pm with well-sponsored prizes. Paddy's is open daily from 10am til late (or whenever the craic's finished!)

map

If you have any hassle finding us call 010-64156389 and one of our friendly staff will give directions to the taxi driver for you.

Live Sports in Paddy's

Paddy's caters for all tastes in sports. If there's any sport that you would like to see, let us know and we'll arrange it for you. Here's a list of the most popular sports that we have available in the bar. We will also send out a monthly newsletter to inform customers of the fixtures for the upcoming month.

Function Room Available

function room

Paddy's offers a function room which is available for birthdays, weddings, team parties, whatever the occasion, Paddy's can provide everything you need from food and drinks to music and games.

Home

--

Live Sports

--

Pub Grub

--

Events

--

Paddy's Pics

--

Links

--

Contact

--

Designed by Crawlormedia - - Copyright 2009 - - Paddy O'Shea's

try {

_uacct = "UA-6882844-1";

urchinTracker();

} catch(err) {}

Hey. Thanks for quick reply. I (stupidly)had the site up before checking it in IE7(its my first site!) and then got a complaint that it was just looking like a word document in IE. I have since taken the site down and put the old one back up.

Can you not see in the code what the problem may be? I checked it in IE7 and it looks style-less, if you know what i mean.

http://www.paddyosheas.com/index.html

Thanks for the replies folks. I got it sorted. It's been a long day!

I went to the w3.org site to validate my code and then used the html cleaner and then I found the problem! It turned out to be as simple as I'd expected. I left out some code in my css file which was obviously causing problems in IE7. Funnily enough, it was okay in the other browsers, even with the missing code.

Anyway, you live and learn!

There are still a few kinks that need to be ironed out such as the blue border around the linked image on the homepage (which only seems to happen in IE and also on the gallery page, one of the images is out of place (again, only IE problem). Also, there is still some code that the HTML cleaner put into my html code regarding absolute positioning. It works fine now, so I'm leaving it for the time being but if anyone could have a look and point me in the right direction, that would be superb. And of course any other pointers would be great. I know it's only a basic website, but you have to start somewhere!

It was my first try at a full css only site so I need some practice. Today went a long way but it's good to know there's help out there!

Cheers guys.