Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium Newby

Guest QWIKSTRIKE

Guest QWIKSTRIKE

I would like to learn to publish a commerce store front, a financial forum, and car forum to the web for myself. I self taught myself to be a CompTia A+ certified tech, and I now want to learn to publish a few things to the web. I am using a 25.5", and a 23" 1080p monitor, Windows 7 64 bit Professional, with CSS4 Adobe Design Premium. I see that you guys are big believers in self teaching, and I was hoping that you would point me to the tutorials available to help me take advantage of this Design Suite. My goal is to learn web design as a add on to my business. How long would it take a newby like myself to publish my first web site using this software.

I have used MS Front Page in the past to publish websites, but now I have so many things personally that I'd like to do for myself, and for friends that I have decided to learn the process myself. I don't feel the need to pay $50k for 2 years of Associate's Degree to learn this based on my dealings with Front page in the past. I paid to take a course for the CompTia test years ago, and I was so advanced that I was always asked by the teacher to help teach the class. After taking the test to be certified I found out that everything that the test required me to know I had learned from self teaching as I built my own PC's. I am hoping that the same tenacity, and hard work with your tutorials, and your guidance that I can learn to be a web designer.

Thank you

QWIKSTRIKE

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

There is webdesign (which can be done using Notepad) and then there are editors that one can use.

Here's a sticky on where to learn webdesign: http://www.killersites.com/forums/topic/76/where-can-i-learn-web-design/ What's missing there, is the newly established www.killersites.com/university.

Btw - for the purpose of webdesigning, monitor size is totally irrelevant, and no fancy computers are needed.