Spacing for Internet Browsers and Mac Applictions is weird

dailygraphics

Hi all,

I'm am using a Mac and I've been having issues with spacing in a couple of internet browsers and applications. Everything seems to be double or even triple spacing. I had this problem for a while on Safari and I couldn't find a solution so I downloaded Firefox and it was working ok. I upgraded to the latest version of Firefox the other day and it started the weird spacing too. I also have this problem in my Mail and TextEdit applications. I'm guessing that it's a problem with my fonts. Does anyone have a clue or come across this before?

Does it only happen on your computer? Ask a friend to check. If it's only your computer, is there some accessibility function that spaces lines that's accidentally been turned on?

If it happens on all computers with a certain browser, all I can suggest is to put in a general style for line-height: 1.3 (or 130%) in the body style and styles for p and h tags

p { margin: 5px 0; }

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 { margin: 8px 0; }

and see if that cures it.

Are you using Word as a text editor? It does do strange things with " and ' and might be causing line-height problems.

I notice that when I copy/paste from Notepad into this forum I get double spacing and I have to clear the spaces, but that doesn't happen to html files.

Edited by Wickham

It's just happening on my computer. I know in the past it started after I installed updates but I don't remember what the updates were. I was able to use a font program to clean out my fonts and that worked but it's not letting me do that again. I will check to see if some kind of accessibility feature was turned on. I'll let you guys know when I find the solution. Thanks for the pointers.