Save for web and devices

Christy

Hi

I have created some images in Fireworks and want to save them for the web. The only way I know how to do this is to open the fireworks png in Photoshop and 'save for web and devices' as a Jpeg, but when I do that with this image it makes the canvas white and I need it to stay transparent. Is there another way to keep the canvas transparent yet save it without all the layers? Well I am sure there are lots of ways...but I haven't been doing this for long:/.

C

In Photoshop, to have transparent backgrounds for your images, you need to first 'Save for Web' and then you need to choose either Gif or PNG.

When you choose one of those options, you will then be presented a screen with many new options, one of those options is the transparent background.

Stefan

I'm stunned- you guys are so quick to answer- thank you so much. I have saved as PNG-24 as the gif makes the image border fuzzy (obv because of the make up my the image). The img details are now PNG-24, 86.66k, 32sec @28.8kbps. Do I need to worry about this- from the little I know I think this might be too big?

C

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...