Links are acting funny

NuCoder

What I did was save the image for web and devices and change the size in here. It becomes stretched or squished.

I think you are missing a concept here, you can resize the image's width OR height. If you try to resize both the width and the height to the exact dimensions you want you will distort either one or the other. Usually an image has to fit widthwise into a div, so that is the size you need to change and the height will resize proportionally if you do the folowing. Resize the image from Image - Image Size, then change the width and be sure to check Scale Styles, Constrain Proportions and set Resample Image to Bicubic if you have a gradient in your image, or Bicubic Sharper if you are reducing size. From the little I read about Content Aware Scaling, you don't really need this at this point for your web images, I think you are just complicating your life unnecessarily.

What I did was save the image for web and devices and change the size in here. It becomes stretched or squished.

I think you are missing a concept here' date=' you can resize the image's width [b']OR[/b] height. If you try to resize both the width and the height to the exact dimensions you want you will distort either one or the other. Usually an image has to fit widthwise into a div, so that is the size you need to change and the height will resize proportionally if you do the folowing. Resize the image from Image - Image Size, then change the width and be sure to check Scale Styles, Constrain Proportions and set Resample Image to Bicubic if you have a gradient in your image, or Bicubic Sharper if you are reducing size. From the little I read about Content Aware Scaling, you don't really need this at this point for your web images, I think you are just complicating your life unnecessarily.

Thanks Virtual

Aiy Aiy Aiy....

I moved the original folders to my desktop. I deleted the folders that were in DW. (I was unable to delete images folder as it stated it is shared - also the original root folder stayed in place) I started fresh (file - new - html) and made all new pages (index.htm, about.htm, services.htm, etcc...) The new pages are in the root folder which sit below the images and css folder **I did not start with PHP yet as I am practicing trying to get the links to act properly. They still are not?

They still do not act right. On the home page - with the about.htm linked - the About text is smaller than the rest of the navigation. I click the link - it links to the page - and the text is now the size as the rest of the navigation? The color does not change on active or visited

Same thing with the footer links? I looked at my CSS and it looks fine (?). I provided a couple of screen shots. I will post the code. Sorry guys - please do not think I am insane. I do not know why I am having such a hard time with this.

Unable to download file

here is my code:

#header ul {
   list-style-type: none;
   float:right; 
}

#header ul li {
   float: left;
   padding: 110px 0 0 15px; 
   text-align: center;
}

#header li a:link, a:visited {
   font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
   font-size: .75em;
   text-decoration: none;
   display: inline;
   padding-right: 17px; 
   color: #5c8ac5;
}

#header li a:hover, a:active {
   font-size: .75em; 
   color: #acac81;
}

HOME
ABOUT
SERVICES
AMENITIES
 MAINTENANCE
CONTACT

Please get a hosting account and load your files up. We are really trying to help you, but it's sometimes impossible if we cannot see what you have. And we can invest more time into your actual issues, if we don't have to waste any guessing and uploading your pages ourselves.

And the root folder should sit ABOVE your images folder. Call the root folder 'website' - and then put all your files and folders that belong into your website folder.

Please get a hosting account and load your files up. We are really trying to help you, but it's sometimes impossible if we cannot see what you have. And we can invest more time into your actual issues, if we don't have to waste any guessing and uploading your pages ourselves.

And the root folder should sit ABOVE your images folder. Call the root folder 'website' - and then put all your files and folders that belong into your website folder.

I know Andrea and thank you and sorry for being a p.i.t.a - I am sending all the new htm pages and images to my brother. He is getting a hosting set up as we speak...

thank you

Brian

OK, I found the issue regarding the navigation sizes...

in this line:

#footer li a:link, a:visited {

you are applying styles to #footer li a:link and then just a:visited.

I imagine it needs to be:

#footer li a:link, #footer li a:visited {

Thanks - let me give it a shot...

(all my comments below based on the site up on http://www.sev en27creat ive.com/)

One other thing that will also help would be to run a couple of your pages through the WC3 validator: http://validator.w3.org/ as well as doing the same thing with your css file: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

A couple validation related comments:

-- Your comments within your HTML files should follow this format: (with spaces after ""

-- If you are going to give your documents the "XHTML" doctype, you need to follow its rules and close meta tags and image tags with a />. I know Andrea recommended to you earlier that you use HTML 4 strict as your doctype -- if you do this, you won't need to make any changes to your images/meta tags.

-- I don't know if this affects all your pages, but you are missing a closing in a couple that I looked at.

A couple other general comments:

-- You have an occasional link to a "active.htm" file that appears not to exist. I don't know why you need an "active.htm" file...?

OK' date=' I found the issue regarding the navigation sizes...

in this line:

#footer li a:link, a:visited {

you are applying styles to #footer li a:link and then just a:visited.

I imagine it needs to be:

#footer li a:link, #footer li a:visited {

[/quote']

Thanks - let me give it a shot...

Perfect - the linking issue is fixed :D:D

It appears it fixed the footer logo in the bottom right as well

Are the image fades appearing on your end for the Local page and Home page?

Ben - thank you!!

Andrea, Eric and Virtual - thank you......

I'm looking at: http://www.s even27cre ative.c om/ and I'm not seeing any changes. The link to the file still points to "../../../Desktop/Desktop_XP/jquery-1.4.min.js"

My fiance pulled it up on her laptop - and the links are doing what they did before on her end?

-- Have you refreshed the page a couple times to make sure she isn't looking at a cached version of the site?

-- Is she viewing things in a different browser than you?

-- Have you made sure to upload your changes to the site?

I'm looking at: http://www.s even27cre ative.c om/ and I'm not seeing any changes. The link to the file still points to "../../../Desktop/Desktop_XP/jquery-1.4.min.js"

My fiance pulled it up on her laptop - and the links are doing what they did before on her end?

-- Have you refreshed the page a couple times to make sure she isn't looking at a cached version of the site?

-- Is she viewing things in a different browser than you?

-- Have you made sure to upload your changes to the site?

---I just exited FF and will attempt again

--woops - no - I did not upload jQuery to it's new location (just moved it)

-- no I did not upload after change. Should I go back in an upload the pages with their updated links and correction to CSS?