Wordpress- making a archive

jp612

<?php } elseif (is_year()) { ?>^M

<?php printf(__('Archive for %s', 'monochrome'), get_the_time(__('Y', 'monochrome'))); ?>

^M

^M

<?php } elseif (is_author()) { ?>^M

<?php _e('Author Archive', 'monochrome'); ?>

^M

^M

<?php } elseif (isset($_GET['paged']) && !empty($_GET['paged'])) { ?>^M

<?php _e('Blog Archives', 'monochrome'); ?>

^M

<?php } ?>^M

^M

^M

<?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>^M

^M

^M

<?php the_title(); ?>

^M

• ^M

<?php the_time(__('F jS, Y', 'monochrome')) ?>^M

<?php _e('Posted in ','monochrome'); ?><?php the_category(' . '); ?>^M

<?php if ($options['author']) : ?>

<?php _e('By ','monochrome'); ?><?php the_author_posts_link(); ?><?php endif; ?>^M

<?php edit_post_link(__('[ EDIT ]', 'monochrome'), '

', '' ); ?>^M

^M

<?php the_excerpt_rss(); ?><?php _e('[ READ MORE ]', 'monochrome'); ?>

^M

^M

^M

<?php endwhile; else: ?>^M

^M

<?php _e("Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.","monochrome"); ?>

^M

^M

<?php endif; ?>^M

^M

<?php include('navigation.php'); ?>^M

^M

^M

^M

^M

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>^M

^M

^M

^M

^M

<?php get_footer(); ?>

Yeah i what i want is to create a sidebar menu showing categories and also have the posts under it show up in my browse archive under different categories and also keep the posts in sync e.g when i open a post in the browse archive it should have all the comments that it did under a different category in the sidebar. Also i want the posts in the sidebar to disappear after a certain amount have been published. the ones that are gone will still however be in the browse archive.

Would the plugin do this?

i'm sorry to make this so confusing :|

Want to run the plugin from a template file?

To use the sitemap generator function directly from a template file, just insert the following line where you would like the sitemap to be generated:

<?php echo ddsg_create_sitemap(); ?>

Where do i put this to get it working??

Not in the website in wordpress admin or??

Are you trying to create an archive page? Meaning, a separate page in your website that lists your archive? If so, you'll need to add the following to the very top of your archives.php file.

<?php

/*

Template Name: Archives

*/

?>

I've tried this but all it shows is my archive page?? i want it to list catergories. No posts or pages

I installed the http://www.dagondesign.com/articles/sit ? wordpress/

but it shows the catergories with posts underneath i want to show only catergories. how do i do this??

Edited by jp612

make search on wp magazine theme and choose one that does what are you looking for.;activate this template and see what snippet is used to do what you want to achieve.

Or: Standard wp template SHOWS list of categories on a side bar - just use the code for it for the archive page.

make search on wp magazine theme and choose one that does what are you looking for.;activate this template and see what snippet is used to do what you want to achieve.

Or: Standard wp template SHOWS list of categories on a side bar - just use the code for it for the archive page.

Ahh yea true!! I'm going to have a peek at the sidebar.php file and see if i can find the code. Please do correct me if im looking in the wrong place :)