Linking Issues

NuCoder

It's me again..P.I.T.A Brian..

I am setting up an absolute link. The link connects to the page fine however - the link moves. After I set it up as an absolute link it goes from looking like this:

NOAA Marine....................pg 7 (not linked)

to:

NOAA

Marine....................pg 7 (linked)

Also - I have yet to set up the site in DW - just making the pages now, so no site root folder yet.(So I do not know if this is the cause) I am adding About (etc... for the other other links also). When I enter the link like this and save - DW changes the link to move 2 folders up (../../) and the links do not link. However, when I go the easy route - highlight the link and browse in the properties inspector to link to the .htm - DW enters the link as I originally had done (about.htm). The page links - BUT - it widens the navigation and the linked text shrinks. Also - when you hover over the link - the page drops and the link looks like it was changed to Uppercase on the rollover??

What am I doing wrong? I am glad my brother has gotten me to finally roll my sleeves up and finally do it (actually put what I have learned to work - He has gotten my 1st project for me which I am working on and my questions relate to) and with that, I am hitting some brick walls. Please understand guys, that I do not just jump on here to get answers - I am literally attempting to do this on my own (as the only way I know how to do things and this is the only way to gain knowledgeable experience). I have looked in help in DW and nothing covers this. My computer has crashed - I deleted the Home page twice and the About page once :rolleyes: and I am enjoying every challenge of this - but it's tough. Your assistance is always greatly appreciated...

thank you in advance - Brian

The page links - BUT - it widens the navigation and the linked text shrinks.

That's most likely due to CSS styling of some sort. You'd need to post your most recent code (or, ideally, link to it) so we can see what you're working with.

Also - when you hover over the link - the page drops and the link looks like it was changed to Uppercase on the rollover??

Yes, you had that set in your CSS. Since the uppercase version of the link tends to be a lot wider than the lowercase version, sometimes it forces the navigation into two lines. I believe I mentioned that to you when I gave you some comments to your code via email.