Does anyone else have issues using MAMP?

JamzAppz

Good afternoon everyone,

I was working with the PHP x MySQL course and noticed that if you change the root password from default 'root' to your own unique password. it automatically locks you out.  I already am aware some may read this and think why not just leave it like that then change it later for production; that is the catch-22 of this situation. Because if you just go with the flow of it, you are setting yourself up for problems that could arise from any rootkits hidden on your computer that inject malware and trigger DDoS at any moment. I'm still trying to pinpoint but google has a great consistency of ensuring to send you down as many rabbit holes as possible. So because I was so frustrated looking for answers, I felt it was necessary to step away and get back to what I know.  I tried installing Workbench, but for some reason it does not let you connect to 3306, so I tried changing that by reinstalling and reconfigured the port and the x-protocol port. But when I tried that, MySQL would still be attempting to connect to 3306.  Then on top of all of this, MongoDB/Mongoose are having similar issues. When I would try to create a cluster on atlas and use the provided connection-string ALONG with setting my user, password, and made sure I whitelisted my IP. Then I would run a script to connect, then i get prompted to make sure my ip is on the whitelist page on my atlas. 

Please if anyone has encountered these issues, I'd pay for the answer because all of this is preventing me from being able to complete projects, because without a database then I'd onl be forced to make simple apps that do not require a database. And when you are striving to enter this career you have to use databses. SQL being most important for employment, but this issue is preventing me from working with it.

If I have to pay extra for the answer let me know so we can work something out!

Thank you and God bless all of you!

Have a splendid day!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...