Collaboration site for design team

mmalfett

I am in the process of creating a web design team. I would like to find the best site to collaborate as a team when we are not meeting personally. I would like to be able to maybe chat, file bookmarks, store files, etc. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on the matter, since this is my first run at this. I know there are many sites like this online, but I am looking for the site that has many features appropriate to web design functionality.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi,

I would suggest Google wave.

Options #2:

What we do around here, is to simply use a forum software - new threads are started for each new task and I create separate forums for each member of the team. When a task is complete, I simply lock down the thread.

It's simple, but it works.

Stefan

Thanks,

What do you think about something like feng office, or 5pm?

I gotta say I love this site. I just recently come across killersites, and its definitely going to be a daily stop for me.

Hi,

I would suggest Google wave.

Options #2:

What we do around here, is to simply use a forum software - new threads are started for each new task and I create separate forums for each member of the team. When a task is complete, I simply lock down the thread.

It's simple, but it works.

Stefan

The company I work for uses two different tools:

-- Fogbugz (internal task management - looks like it basically has all the features you're looking for, though it may be a bit pricey): http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/

-- TeamworkPM (this also does task/project management, but this has a bit of a better interface, and we can add our clients to the project and keep them in touch with our progress)

Andrea, have you used it? And if so, what do you think of it?
I have clicked around in it just a little. I haven't had any luck in finding someone who wants to play with me. Virtual and I waved back and forth a little. So far, I haven't discovered what all the hoopla is about, but that's probably due to lack of experience on my end.

I have 18 invitations left to send out, if anyone else wants one.

• 2 months later...