Not linking to CSS External Stylesheet

NuCoder

Good evening KS,

My home page links to my styles.css with no problem. I opened a new external stylesheet to link another page - however - it is not linking? (i.e about page - I copied and pasted my Home page xhtml to tweak the elements to fit the about page and linked to about.css). However the page shows in html format only and the about.css is not linked? Just as a test - I copied and pasted my HTML into another HTML page and linked to my styles.css - same thing occured - it did not link and it only showed in HTML view (?) Where did I go wrong?

thank you in advance

Brian

Anclote Harbors Marina - About

You didn't mention that you actually created an about.css page. Did you forget to save or upload it?

And while there may likely be more to your story, based on what you wrote, I wonder if you're creating a different stylesheet for each of your pages? If so - you're missing out on the benefit of a global stylesheet.

Thanks Ben & Andrea.

Off to look in my books and back on Lynda.com. I only have my desktop items in my files to the lower right of DW panel.

I was testing to see what would happen if I changed a new style sheet to match the page (About page) - and still nothing...

thanks again

Brian

huh, I copied and pasted my home page xhtml file (to tweak the elements to fit the About page) and it linked to my styles.css, so it worked. Just do not know why it would not do it last night (too many hours in front of the computer??) :D

Edited by NuCoder