Need help on making a menu that looks like..

jpf566

Hey guys, I just saw a really cool, clean menu on a site and was wondering how in the world I would replicate it? the site is kineda.com I believe this site was made with Wordpress but I'm trying to see how I can make this type of menu myself (HTML,CSS ect) I know i could make a menu like that with rollover images but I'd like to keep my links all text based for SEO reasons. Does anyone know how I could make this? Thanks for any help :)

You could do it with an unordered list:

>
</pre>
<ul id="navigation">
item
item
item
item
item
</ul>

And then add some css:

<br />#navigation { overflow: auto; background: black; padding: 20px; }<br />#navigation li { float:left; list-style: none; margin-right: 1px; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; }<br />#navigation a { display:block; padding: 10px 20px; border-top: 1px dotted white; color: white; text-decoration:none; }<br />#navigation a:hover { border-top: 1px dotted red; color:red; }<br />

First I started looking in the code but didn't see a code, I thought it might be a bullet which is • from here http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/HTMLchrc.html

Then because there were so many css files I decided to use Firefox Tools Page Info Media which lists all the images used on a page, and it was there. Very simple.

The code for the first link Style is

Style

so the gif is probably a background image for the span tag, but I haven't got the time to find it.

Here it is

#nav .panel li a { font-size: 0.688em; border-top: 1px transparent; color: #fff; background: transparent url(images/nav_pipe.gif) no-repeat scroll 100% 49%; }

Edited by Wickham