Forum upgrades are now live!

falkencreative

Since the signatures are now active, I am noticing that very light grey dash lines are not really seperating the post's content and signature very well. I think it needs to be a tad darker and a little more spacing between the dash lines and the signature. Otherwise, I find myself reading the signature when I still thought it was content of the post.

One other change that Stefan asked for...

We've added a "reputation" extension to the forum, which ideally will help reward members who post consistently and offer good advice. Logged-in members will notice two new buttons (a "vote up" and "vote down" button) below other user's posts, on the left across from the "report", "reply" etc. buttons.

Members can now click those buttons to "vote up" posts that offer good advice (or vote down bad advice, but please use that sparingly.) The sum of the votes, labeled "reputation", will show below the user's name and avatar on all of their posts. Please note that if no one has voted up or down on any of your posts, you won't have a reputation field below your name/avatar.

Hopefully this will help encourage good advice and help spotlight the members who consistently help others.

A word of warning about reputation buttons.

On another forum the plus and minus buttons were added but it was soon noticed that people were being vindictive and malicious with the minus button so it was removed, just leaving the plus button as a way to say "Thank You for a useful post".

In the first few days people were giving a plus to their own posts and building up a reputation of 80 or 100 very quickly which gave a false impression, so adding reputation to your own posts was disabled.

I agree with Wickham, I don't like the idea of reputation buttons.

Most of the regulars already know those who consistantly help out others and I think everyone tries to give good advice to the best of their ability, and the negative button can be used maliciously.

Just my 2 cents... :rolleyes:

P.S. Oh great, I just noticed I got over the 500 posts mark !!

Edited by virtual

On another forum the plus and minus buttons were added but it was soon noticed that people were being vindictive and malicious with the minus button so it was removed, just leaving the plus button as a way to say "Thank You for a useful post".

If that does become an issue, we do have the option to remove the "vote down" button, or remove the entire system if it just isn't working.