Wordpress Audio Insert Problems

Andrea

I tried to insert an audio clip into a Wordpress Website http://www.momshousecleaning.com/ (don't laugh - I coded it myself by hand years ago), but instead of a media player, I see the actual code when uploaded -- it's at the bottom of the page under the last picture, media code currently hidden.

What's strange is that on the 'About Us' page, there is another media clip that works just fine, but when I copy that one onto the index page, it also turns into 'just code'.

Any ideas??

• 1 month later...

I hadn’t even realized you had responded. I’ve since abandoned that home made theme and use a premodern one. I still haven’t leaned PHP. But thanks.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Adding a Single Audio File in WordPress

Simply click on the add media button on the post edit screen. Next, a media uploader popup will appear on your screen. You need to click on the upload file button to select and upload your audio file. Once it's uploaded, you need to click on insert into post button. 

How do I embed an audio file on my website?
Embed Audio from Audio Hosting Websites
  1. Click on Embed tab and copy the Embed Code.
  2. Go to Posts > Add New.
  3. Place your cursor in the post where you want to embed the audio and click on Add Media button.
  4. Click on Insert Embed Code.
  5. Paste the embed code into the Insert Embed code box and click Insert into post.
  6. Click Publish once you have finished writing.