i just make 1000 pages web all by ms pub

unknownperson

i just make 1000 pages web all by ms pub

i mean that i have 1000 html pages with 3 diff background which is a complete web made in ms office or dreamviver but how to add any html banner on each page

eg .allbestwallpapers. com

it have 3 template 1 is on mail page 1 is in catagory and last is when we open a image

so i also have a web like that ofline but i want to add a banner that will apear on all page ????

is that the work of cpanel software like joumla worldpress or what????

plz help me out

no al the files os in my ps not yet publiched on web

all like this allbestwallpapers.com

but diff pic & as i also want to add banner on the top & sides but i forget i get it when i was on page 944 but i comolete that with out banner but now how can i add the banner do i have to put banner at every page separately or is there is an quick method

Unless you are using a template that reflects globally or you have another type of include that's already connected to each page you want to change, you have no choice but to insert into each page you want to change.

Or did you by chance use an external stylesheet? Then maybe you can make your change via a background image.

I'm still a bit concerned by your statement that you used MS OFfice and Publisher to create a website. You might be in for a rude awakening once you go online and view what you have with anything but IE (if even that works) - not to mention validators - or what how that code mess would affect spiders.

I was wondering if there's a way the OP could do this programmatically by writing a PHP script that would go through each file and append the text for the header to the top of each HTML document, but I'm not yet good enough with PHP to know if this is actually possible or to even attempt it :D

And yes, the tools used to create these pages is a little scary :o

While I really do not understand what you are trying to say (what is your native language??) - MS Office is NOT something anyone should EVER use to make any web page EVER!!!!

I suspect the OP wants a way to automatically place the banner code in each of the 1000 pages without having to open each one individually and copy paste, and OP is wondering if there is any online or offline software that will make that possible.

Edited by einsteinsboi

You might be able to do this with Dreamweaver's find and replace. Just 'find' an existing piece of code that's in all your pages near where you need to add you new stuff, then replace it with what you were looking for AND what you want to insert.

(For example: Find

- and replace with:

However - again - you have 1000 (or even 1) pages created in MS Office/Publisher? You have PROBLEMS!!!

Before you are doing your insert, you should look into PHP Includes - that way, all those parts of your website that are the same throughout would be kept in ONE place ONE time and only get inserted on each page by the server. (think copy right date, for example).

You might be able to do this with Dreamweaver's find and replace. Just 'find' an existing piece of code that's in all your pages near where you need to add you new stuff, then replace it with what you were looking for AND what you want to insert.

(For example: Find

- and replace with:

However - again - you have 1000 (or even 1) pages created in MS Office/Publisher? You have PROBLEMS!!!

Before you are doing your insert, you should look into PHP Includes - that way, all those parts of your website that are the same throughout would be kept in ONE place ONE time and only get inserted on each page by the server. (think copy right date, for example).

ok thank you 4 the info

u mean that i have to do this on every page??? it is time consuming

but still i dont understand your these words

I know a little php but can u plz explain a lil bit

same throughout would be kept in ONE place ONE time and only get inserted on each page by the server. ????????

Edited by unknownperson

Let's use your footer for example - it's (likely) the same on every page throughout your entire site. So instead of putting the same stuff on every page - and in case something needs to change having to make 1000 changes, you use on include.

(Your pages need to be saved as whatever.php - or your htaccess has to be written to read html pages as php pages).

Then on your pages where your footer goes, put

<?php include('includes/footer.inc'); ?>

You'll also need a folder called includes and a file called footer.inc. In that footer.inc file, you'll only have the code for the footer - for example

© 1999 - <?php echo date(Y); ?> — a&b WebDesign — All Rights Reserved

Now if you want to make a change, all you have to do is change footer.inc, and your entire site will show the new stuff. You can do the same with the header, navigation, or whatever parts you have that are the same on every page (or on many).

thank you i will try &

1 more thing to ask i can not able to install any soft in my c panel

it says

Install WordPress (2/3)

The installation can not be completed:

- You cannot install more than one script in the root directory of a domain.

Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors.

can u help

ya that is different from my 1000 pages & cpanel is diff

any way

thnx

Where is your hosting company? Also, how are you trying to install wordpress, are you using the cpanel automatic script installer or did you upload the files yourself and try to install that way? Installing Wordpress is pretty straightforward on a regular cPanel. Do you have any other websites hosted?