The Grandpa coder is here!

Hello everybody! 

My name is Javier, I moved to the US in my 30's as many immigrants with no money, no english and no family, twenty years later I'm ready to start my new adventure, web development! I have no skills in coding (very basic). I know I will find a lot of knowledge in these forums. Since I was in high school I wanted to work with computers, but never have a chance until now, I love play the guitar and I have an obsession with dominate the Vim text editor (is a personal challenge). My goal is to became a full-stack developer I'm interested in learning HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, Python, and some frameworks in the future. Thank you, and let's start it ! (well, I'm waiting for my e-mail to start the classes, I just bought it) 😊

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Glad to see the older guys here. My name is Miro and I am 41 years old, from Split, Croatia. I have purchased webdev course maybe a year a go but I didn't have time until now to deep dive (former tower crane operator, but also worked in the office drawing blueprints in AutoCAD). My OS of choice is Linux because it's feel natural for coding. Probably I will start with Wordpress with parallel learning html, css to see is this for me or not :)

Also greetings to the best teacher for this kind of work.... Stef :)

Edited by Miro

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...