Noobie Intro

Hi everyone my name is Colt. I've been a subscriber on Stef's Youtube channel(s) and an instagram follower. I just finished the interactive developer course and am currently working on Studioweb projects. After completing the course and completing some self study I would like to break out and start freelancing albeit it might not be ideal timing. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to this forum and to the site as well.  I found it when I purchased your Complete Freelancer and Complete Entrepreneur courses.  I've been programming and have had a business for the past 20 years.  I'm most interested in a marketing course, but always interested in programming courses because everyone can use a good refresher.  My biggest issue facing my small company is finding new leads.

To those who wonder if this is the right time to get into coding and  technology, I would say that it's the BEST time to jump in with both feet.  I'm also a network and security architect and have been through all the economy ups and downs and have never been affected.  Having a GREAT skill-set and decent resume on LinkedIn will have your phone ringing and inbox busy with invitations to explore new opportunities.  It's a hot market out there, especially for networking and can be 3 times more rewarding financially than most jobs.

I'm not sure what the policy is for posting links to our websites, so I will not until I have a better understanding.

Thanks for the GREAT video's.

• Like 1

Hi Stef or anyone,  can you kindly share the  private link for the mentorship program?   

I've completed HTML, CSS, and Javascript.   I can't remember all the nitty gritty code syntax ! LOL    I do get the main concepts tho.  Is this normal?   I know I should be "fiddling, breaking and playing" with the source file/code provided for each course lesson. 

Alex

On 4/17/2020 at 5:15 PM, SteveDavisTxUs said:

Hi Steve this is encouraging.   I'm shifting from software sales to hopefully into a coding career.  I'm 200 years old . Yes older than Stef ! :).  As for generating new leads, either you need to network or prospect.   Your strategy and tactics will depend on your target market and your service offering and value proposition.   Feel free to reach out if you need a sounding board? 

On 4/17/2020 at 5:15 PM, SteveDavisTxUs said:

I'm new to this forum and to the site as well.  I found it when I purchased your Complete Freelancer and Complete Entrepreneur courses.  I've been programming and have had a business for the past 20 years.  I'm most interested in a marketing course, but always interested in programming courses because everyone can use a good refresher.  My biggest issue facing my small company is finding new leads.

To those who wonder if this is the right time to get into coding and  technology, I would say that it's the BEST time to jump in with both feet.  I'm also a network and security architect and have been through all the economy ups and downs and have never been affected.  Having a GREAT skill-set and decent resume on LinkedIn will have your phone ringing and inbox busy with invitations to explore new opportunities.  It's a hot market out there, especially for networking and can be 3 times more rewarding financially than most jobs.

I'm not sure what the policy is for posting links to our websites, so I will not until I have a better understanding.

Thanks for the GREAT video's.