Flash CS4 or MX?

Wickham

Flash MX is for the MX (7&8 versions of Flash). CS4 covers Flash CS4, the most recent version of Flash. It depends on which version of Flash you have, but I'd suggest going with CS4. MX is a bit outdated -- some of the same concepts will apply, but MX and CS4 use different versions of Actionscript (the scripting language that can be used to power Flash) and the CS4 information will be more up to date.

• 3 weeks later...

hello, everyone, i am still using the old grandpa version of flash mx. i wonder if it is possible to embed a .flv file onto a movie clip inside a .swf file...meaning if i could play a flash video inside a flash movie clip with help of a button control. please someone send me an actionscript to accomplish that task. my email is flashrookie@yahoo.ca. thanks a million.

hello, everyone, i am still using the old grandpa version of flash mx. i wonder if it is possible to embed a .flv file onto a movie clip inside a .swf file...meaning if i could play a flash video inside a flash movie clip with help of a button control. please someone send me an actionscript to accomplish that task. my email is flashrookie@yahoo.ca. thanks a million.

A quick google search brings this up: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Flash/10.0_UsingFlash/WSBDABD69F-D146-4e5c-9340-BF717A10426C.html

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...